Specials & Custom Tools
Specialty cutting tools and custom tools come in a variety of shapes and sizes; every application is different and G.W. Schultz Tool is prepared to help you with your particular situation. From the beginning, G.W. Schultz Tool has specialized in custom design and we look forward to working with you in creating a unique tool that meets and often exceeds your expectations.
The information required is basic and will enable us to design the best tool for your application.
NOTE: Minimum quantity order required on Specialty/Custom tools. Please call for more information.
Some questions to consider when requesting your custom tools:
- If possible, please provide us with a 3D solid model, CAD drawing, or sketch, including the profile you need to cut, and as much of the following information as you can.
- What material are you cutting?
- What are you doing with the tool? (Plunging / Ramping / Profiling / Pocketing / Slotting)
- Let us know what is and is not critical. (What tolerances are required for critical dimensions?)
- If it is an ongoing project, let us know what has and has not worked for you in the past.
- Lightning Fast Custom Cell – Tools shipped in as little as 2 days. Contact us to learn more!
- One (1) week or less Standard or modified standard end mills.
- Modify existing stock (add flat, undercut, radius, etc).
- Two (2) weeks or less Standard or modified standard end mills without material. Repeat special/custom with program and material.
- Three (3) weeks or less Repeat specials with programs without material in stock.
- Four (4) weeks or less Repeat specials requiring pre-form material not in stock.
- Five to Six (5-6) weeks or less Special/custom requiring pre-form materials quote not in stock.
**Coating: Add coating only (3 day max)